June 18, 2009
Fiat Group to sponsor G8 Summit
Photo: The G8 Summit Venue in L'Aquila, Italy.
Italy, which took over the Presidency of the G8 in January, is responsible for hosting and organizing the annual Summit and also the preparatory meetings ahead of the three-day summit.
[The G8 is not an international organization, nor does it have an administrative headquarters with a permanent secretariat. It is rather a process that culminates in an annual Summit at which the Heads of State and Government of the member countries hold talks with a view to finding solutions of the main world issues.
The main industrialized countries taking part in this process are known as G8 -- the Group of Eight (Canada, France, Germany, Japan, Italy, United Kingdom, Russia, United States of America). Over recent years, the Group of Eight has involved the main countries with emerging economies, known as the Group of Five (G5), in a process of dialogue. The Group of Five (G5) comprises Brazil, China, India, Mexico and South Africa.]
Top management of Fiat has offered the Group's sponsorship of the G8 Summit in L'Aquila, Italy, to the Italian Prime Minister, Silvio Berlusconi.
Photo: Fiat Alfa Romeo - Murphy & Nye
Present at the meeting, held at Palazzo Chigi, were the Under Secretaries to the Prime Minister, Gianni Letta and Paolo Bonaiuti, as well as the Chairman of Fiat Group, Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, the Deputy Chairman, John Elkann, and the Chief Executive Officer, Sergio Marchionne.
As a symbol of the Fiat Group's support for the G8, the Prime Minister was presented with an Executive version of the Lancia Delta, made to the exacting standards of comfort and drivability and recently chosen as the Official Car of the 9th World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates.
Concrete operational support for the Summit, which will be held on July 8, 9 & 10 at the Guardia di Finanza's Camp Coppito, will consist of an entire fleet of vehicles - consisting of 221 passenger cars, electric vehicles, off-road vehicles, commercial vehicles and buses - being made available to the Department of Civil Defense by Fiat Group for transportation of the participants at the G8 Summit.
The fleet will consist of: 90 Lancia Deltas, 85 Fiat Professional light commercial vehicles, 10 Iveco Massif off-road vehicles and an array of electric vehicles, including an Iveco Daily, two Iveco Europolis buses and 33 "GEM e4" vehicles produced by Global Electric Motorcars, part of the Chrysler Group.
A large part of this fleet has already been employed over the past few months at the preparatory ministerial sessions leading up to the Summit which are being held in various cities around Italy on specific topics such as labour, agriculture, the environment, economic development, justice and internal affairs, science and technology, finance and foreign affairs.
With the exception of the electric vehicles, which will be used within the Camp compound, all other vehicles will be used to transfer delegates to and from airports and the L'Aquila heliport. The entire fleet will be managed 24 hours a day by specialized Fiat Group personnel who will provide assistance and maintenance services, including for the armored Lancia Thesis vehicles already in use by the Italian government.
• The Fiat fleet for the G8:
90 Lancia Deltas will be used as courtesy cars.
Photo: Fiat Lancia Delta
Among these will be several models of the Executive version, designed with users such as businessmen, diplomats and government officials in mind. This version was also chosen at the Official Car for the 9th World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates, held 11-13 December 2008 in Paris, of which Lancia was the main sponsor.
33 electric-powered "GEM e4" vehicles will be used inside Camp Coppito to transport Heads of State and Heads of Delegation. This zero emissions vehicle is produced by Global Electric Motorcars, part of the Chrysler Group, and has a range of 50km and can fully recharged in just 8 hours from a standard domestic 220v socket.
Photo: Fiat IVECO Daily
Three other electric vehicles, an Iveco Daily for luggage transport and two Iveco Europolis buses, will also be used inside the military compound. Distributor panels equipped with electric sockets have also been provided to recharge these vehicles.
Photo: Fiat Professional Ducato
The 85 Fiat Professional vehicles include 75 Scudo Panorama, DoblÃ² Cargo and Ducato Cargo commercial vehicles and 10 natural gas Fiat Ducato Panorama 140 Natural Power vehicles, which provide high performance, reduced fuel consumption and low emissions.
Photo: Fiat IVECO Massif
The G8 fleet is completed by 10 Iveco Massifs (5-door Station Wagon) already in use by the Civil Defense. This 4x4 vehicle is capable of operating in extreme off-road conditions with gradeability at full-load of 100%.
Photo: Fiat Lingotto Building.
Photo: Fiat Abarth Plant
As a pioneer of the car industry, Fiat built its first car in 1899. Over 90 million cars and light commercial vehicles have been produced since then and many of its models have marked important milestones in motoring history.
Fiat Group Automobiles (FGA) designs, produces and sells automobiles under the Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Lancia and Abarth brands, and light commercial vehicles under the Fiat Professional brand. Each brand has its own unique identity and distinct commercial and marketing practices.
Source: FIAT S.p.A., Turin, Italy.
"It's Opportune Advertising by Fiat.
It will pay off; it is paying off."
© GlobalGiants.Com. All Rights Reserved.
• GlobalGiants.Com is Member of the Boxxet Network Autolust (Automobiles)
Posted by Editors at 11:27 PM
May 20, 2009
RENAULT: OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF THE 62nd CANNES FILM FESTIVAL
Photo: Renault Vel Satis, official car of the Cannes Film Festival. (Credits: Stéphane Kossmann)
French automaker Renault has fostered the growth of the Cannes Film Festival for 26 years. This year too, since May 13, 2009, a fleet of about hundred vehicles, including 70 Vel Satis and 30 Espace, are driving the actors and Festival guests to and from the red-carpeted steps. In addition, about a dozen Kangoo be bop are supplementing the official fleet.
Photo: Kristin Scott Thomas, getting out of Ranault Vel Satis. (Credits: Stéphane Kossmann)
Photo: Hafsia Herzi, french actress who declared opened the 62nd Cannes Film Festival with Charles Aznavour. (Credits: Stéphane Kossmann)
The relationship between Renault and the movie industry is more than a century old. According to the company, Louis Renault's Voiturette appeared in the LumiÃ¨re brothers' early films in 1899, when the first film studios were built in Boulogne-Billancourt at the same time as the first Renault factory on the Ile Seguin.
Renault informs that it is continuing its commitment to film and television production today through an active policy of sponsorship and product placements. Several models from the Renault range are in the films in the Festival's official selection, such as Les Herbes Folles by Alain Resnais.
Photo: Renault New Grand Scénic painted in the colors of Up, the opening film of the 62nd Cannes Film Festival. (Credits: Stéphane Kossmann)
Photo: Renault New Grand Scénic painted in the colors of Up, the opening film of the 62nd Cannes Film Festival. (Credits: Stéphane Kossmann)
This year, Renault, and especially the latest model in the range, New Grand Scénic, is also teaming up with Disney Pixar and the 3D animated feature Up, screened at the Opening Ceremony. According to Renault, the arrival of members of the Disney teams in front of the red carpet on board the three New Grand Scénic models decked out in the colors of the film marks the beginning of an international collaboration in communications interfaces that spans more than 20 countries and that is boosting traffic in Renault showrooms.
The Atelier Renault situated at the Champs Elysées has also been set up in Cannes for the 62nd festival. Located on the beachfront of the Majestic, in the middle of the Cannes atmosphere, the Atelier is open to all visitors and is exhibiting photography featuring celebrities from around the world mounting the famous Steps.
Posted by Editors at 6:03 AM
May 13, 2009
L'Oreal Paris introduces Two New Spokespeople
A couple of hours before the Opening Ceremony of the 62nd Cannes Festival, Freida PINTO and Evangeline LILLY are joining as the newest World Spokespeople for L'OREAL PARIS.
"On the eve of the Cannes Festival, to which I want to reiterate our attachment, L'Oreal Paris is delighted that these great stars of world cinema have agreed to represent our brand," said Jean-Jacques Lebel, President L'Oreal Consumer Products.
Photo: L'Oreal Paris announces Slumdog Millionaire star Freida Pinto as a new world spokesperson for the brand. (L'Oreal Paris, Manmeet Bhatti)
FREIDA PINTO was discovered by Danny Boyle in SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE, the film that won eight Oscars. After Julian Schnabel's movie which she is currently shooting, she will be filming this summer in Woody Allen's next film, as part of an impressive cast.
Photo: L'Oreal Paris announces LOST's Evangeline Lilly as a new world spokesperson for the brand. (L'Oreal Paris, Kwaku Alston/Corbis Outline)
"EVANGELINE LILLY came to our notice in LOST", says L'Oreal. Her character "Kate" won her a nomination for the 2007 Golden Globe Awards as Best Actress in a Drama Series.
Vianney Derville, International General Manager of L'Oreal Paris stated: "I am proud that all these actresses are now our World Spokespeople, alongside other L'Oreal Paris spokespeople including Penelope Cruz, Beyonce Knowles, Eva Longoria, Andie MacDowell, Aishwarya Rai and Kerry Washington. We are delighted to welcome them as representatives of L'Oreal Paris. We have been completely won over by their rising careers as actresses, together with their attachment to the values of humanity and diversity."
The L'Oreal Paris brand encompasses the four major beauty categories -- haircolor, haircare, skincare and cosmetics.
Source: L'Oreal Paris
Posted by Editors at 5:32 AM
April 26, 2009
Whooping Cough: "Sounds of Pertussis" Campaign Spokesperson Jennifer Lopez Kicks Off March of Dimes March For Babies In Miami
Photo: Jennifer Lopez, Honorary Chairperson of the March of Dimes March for Babies 2009, and spokesperson for the organization's new public service announcement (PSA) campaign on the need for adult pertussis immunization, supports walkers at the March for Babies walk in Miami on April 25. (Sanofi Pasteur)
The March of Dimes and sanofi pasteur have launched a U.S. national education campaign to raise awareness about pertussis and help parents learn how they can help protect themselves and reduce the risk of spreading pertussis to their babies, for whom this disease can be potentially deadly.
As part of the Sounds of Pertussis campaign, actress, singer, entrepreneur, philanthropist and mother Jennifer Lopez has kicked off the March of Dimes March for Babies 2009 season as honorary chairperson for this year's event. While in Miami she continued to advocate the campaign's goal to educate families about getting vaccinated with the adult pertussis booster, which can help to protect adults from getting pertussis and transmitting the disease to their babies.
Commonly known as "whooping cough," pertussis is a highly contagious respiratory disease characterized by severe coughing. Pertussis is particularly dangerous for babies who have not yet been fully vaccinated against the disease. Infants are more vulnerable to severe pertussis and face the possibility of serious complications, including death. Researchers looking at how infants have caught pertussis have found that in about half of the cases where a source could be identified, the disease was transmitted by a parent. Parents can help protect themselves from pertussis and reduce the risk of transmitting pertussis to their babies by getting a Tdap booster.
Sources: March of Dimes & Sanofi Pasteur
Posted by Editors at 9:15 AM
April 23, 2009
Volvo Ocean Race 2008-09 - Leg 6 - Rio de Janeiro to Boston
The Volvo Ocean Race 2008-09 is the 10th running of this ocean marathon. Starting from Alicante in Spain, on 4 October 2008, it is, for the first time, taking in Cochin, India, Singapore and Qingdao, China before finishing in St Petersburg, Russia for the first time in the history of the race. Spanning some 37,000 nautical miles, visiting 11 ports over nine months, the Volvo Ocean Race is a leading global ocean yacht race for professional racing crews.
Photo: Battling for position, at the start of Leg 6 of the Volvo Ocean Race, from Rio de Janeiro to Boston. The fleet heads out in light winds but a huge swell. (Dave Kneale/Volvo Ocean Race)
Photo: The start of Leg 6 of the Volvo Ocean Race, from Rio de Janeiro to Boston. The fleet heads out in light winds. (Rick Tomlinson/Volvo Ocean Race)
Photo: Ericsson 3, skippered by Magnus Olsson (SWE) at the start of leg 6 of the Volvo Ocean Race, from Rio de Janeiro to Boston. (Rick Tomlinson/Volvo Ocean Race)
Photo: PUMA Ocean Racing, skippered by Ken Read (USA) at the start of leg 6 of the Volvo Ocean Race, from Rio de Janeiro to Boston. (Dave Kneale/Volvo Ocean Race)
Photo: Telefonica Blue, skippered by Bouwe Bekking (NED) at the start of leg 6 of the Volvo Ocean Race, from Rio de Janeiro to Boston. (Dave Kneale/Volvo Ocean Race)
Posted by Editors at 11:19 AM
April 18, 2009
Halle Berry Bracelet Auction to Benefit Victims of Domestic Violence
Proceeds from Online Auction to be Donated to the Jenesse Center.
Photo: Bracelet featured in Halle Berry fragrance ad to be auctioned off for charity.
Academy Award-winning actress and beauty icon Halle Berry will auction off a unique, hand-carved rose gold cuff bracelet this week to show her support for families dealing with the devastating effects of domestic violence. As of April 15th, consumers can place bids through CharityBuzz.com for the chance to own this signature piece. The cuff bracelet was designed exclusively for Halle Berry to wear in the advertising campaign for her debut fragrance, Halle by Halle Berry. Net proceeds generated by the auction will be donated to the Jenesse Center, a domestic violence intervention program.
Designed by Gara Danielle, this stunning cuff bracelet was inspired by Halle Berry's natural beauty and was designed specifically for Halle to wear on set at the making of her fragrance campaign in Ohahu, Hawaii. Now anyone can have the opportunity to own a replica of the bracelet and support this cause by bidding on charitybuzz.com. Made from 14K rose gold plate over sterling silver, this adjustable cuff is valued at $4,000.
The Jenesse Center is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1980 and provides help to victims of domestic violence with a comprehensive centralized base of support through facilities, education and health programs, case management, and legal services.
Source: Coty Beauty
Posted by Editors at 10:04 AM
April 5, 2009
New York Auto Show Features Latest Concept Cars, Electric Vehicles, Hybrids, Showroom-Ready Cars, Trucks and More
Photo: BMW X6M at the 2009 New York International Auto Show.
Photo: GMC Terrain at the 2009 New York International Auto Show.
Photo: Acura ZDX at the 2009 New York International Auto Show.
Photo: Land Rover LRT at the 2009 New York International Auto Show.
Photo: Scion iQ at the 2009 New York International Auto Show.
Photo: Subaru Outback at the 2009 New York International Auto Show.
Photo: Volkswagen Golf named 2009 Car of the Year at the 2009 New York International Auto Show.
Photo: Mitsubishi i-MiEV at the 2009 New York International Auto Show.
Photo: Mazda CX-7 at the 2009 New York International Auto Show.
Photo: Hyundai Nuvis at the 2009 New York International Auto Show (NYIAS).
Photo: Kia Motors Debuts All-New Stylish Forte Koup at 2009 NYIAS.
At this year's New York Auto Show, new cars and trucks include state-of-the-art safety innovations, impressive fuel efficiency developments, radical drive train technology advancements and cutting-edge design. They include showroom ready vehicles and concept cars that designers have spent months, sometimes years, perfecting. So if you're looking for a small car that makes a big impression, something fun, fast and frugal, or you want to get plugged into a hybrid or electric vehicle, there is no better place to research your next new car or truck than the 2009 New York International Automobile Show. The Show opens to the public on Friday, April 10th through April 19th at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in Manhattan.
"Many of this year's models have combined futuristic design with technologically advanced drive-trains to produce vehicles that are totally unique in the way they look and drive," said show president, Mark Schienberg. "Others use today's most fuel efficient engines in vehicle designs that don't conform to any vehicle style known today, creating new segments that will be the vehicles of tomorrow," Schienberg added.
Here's a look at some of this year's new cars and trucks:
Electrics & Hybrids
• [Electric] MINI E: The all-electric MINI E's unique engine and transmission arrangement powers the MINI E seamlessly to 62 mph in 8.5 seconds. Based on the current MINI, the E is a two-seater as the space normally inhabited by rear passengers is reserved for a lithium-ion battery. The E's lithium-ion battery can be plugged into all standard power outlets and the E has a range of 156 miles under ideal driving conditions.
• [Hybrid] LEXUS HS 250h: The 2010 Lexus HS 250h is the world's first dedicated luxury hybrid vehicle and the most fuel-efficient vehicle in the Lexus lineup. It will also be the first Lexus to utilize carbon-neutral Ecological Plastic materials in a new futuristic cockpit and interior design. Equipped with Lexus' first four-cylinder gas engine, the 2.4-liter powerplant is part of the latest Lexus Hybrid Drive System, which generates 187 total system horsepower.
• [Electric] Fisker Karma: The Fisker Karma gets an average 100mpg, can go 0-60 in about 6 seconds and has a top speed of 125mph. Its Lithium-ion batteries will power the car for 50 miles after being fully charged from any 110 or 220v outlet. After 50 miles, a generator powered by a small gasoline engine provides the energy needed to turn the Karma's two electric motors.
• [Hybrid] Ford Fusion Hybrid: The 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid includes new aerodynamic enhancements and underbody shields to help boost Fusion's fuel economy to a class-leading 41 mpg rating in the city and 36 mpg on the highway. The Fusion Hybrid also debuts Ford's SmartGauge with EcoGuide, a unique instrument cluster that helps coach drivers on how to optimize the fuel efficiency of their vehicles.
Photo: Honda Insight
• [Hybrid] Honda Insight: The all-new distinctively styled, five-passenger, five-door Honda Insight is powered by an Integrated Motor Assist(TM) (IMA(TM)) system comprised of a 1.3-liter i-VTEC(R) gasoline engine and a 10-kilowatt electric motor that together contribute to an city/highway fuel economy rating of 40/43 miles per gallon . The Insight features the Ecological Drive Assist System (Eco Assist(TM)), an innovation that can further enhance efficient vehicle operation while providing feedback related to individual driving styles. The all-new Insight has a suggested retail price (MSRP) of $19,800 for the LX model.
Photo: The Chevrolet Volt in the Battery Lab at the General Motors Tech Center in Warren, Michigan Wednesday, October 15, 2008. (Photo by John F. Martin for General Motors)
• [Electric] Chevrolet Volt: Chevy Volt is designed to move more than 75 percent of America's daily commuters without a single drop of gas. That means for someone who drives less than 40 miles a day, Chevy Volt will use zero gasoline and produce zero emissions. Unlike traditional electric cars, the Volt has an innovative propulsion system that takes you beyond the power of the battery. It will use a lithium-ion battery with a gasoline-powered, range-extending engine that drives a generator to provide electric power when you drive beyond the 40-mile battery range. Inside, the Volt offers the space, comfort, convenience and safety features that customers expect in a four-passenger sedan.
• [Hybrid] Toyota Prius: The new generation Prius is bigger, more powerful yet more economical than the model it replaces making it the most fuel efficient and aerodynamic car available in the US. With a combined 50 mpg, the Prius is available with high-tech features that include a solar-powered ventilation system, remote a/c, Lane Keep Assist, Intelligent Parking Assist, and three driving modes including electric-only.
Photo: James Gasparotto of General Motors Design with the Cadillac Converj electric luxury coupe concept at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan Tuesday, January 13, 2009. The four-passenger vehicle will provide up to 40 miles of gas-and-emissions-free electric driving with extended-range capability of hundreds of miles. (Photo by John F. Martin for General Motors)
• Cadillac Converj: The Cadillac Converj was designed to give a glimpse at the potential of electric propulsion in a luxury vehicle. The well-appointed grand touring coupe features GM's electric propulsion technology -- called Voltec -- that can get up to 40 miles of gas- and emissions-free electric driving with extended-range capability of hundreds of miles. When the battery's energy is low, the Converj seamlessly switches to extended-range mode. During this secondary level of operation, electricity needed to power the vehicle is created on-board by a flex-fuel-powered engine.
• Chrysler 200C EV: The all-new Chrysler 200C EV concept is capable of driving up to 40 miles on battery-only power, but a small gasoline engine and integrated electric generator that produces electricity extends its driving range to 400 miles. On the inside, the 200C EV's interior is free of switches and levers. All vehicle functions, settings and u-connect features are managed via a panoramic multimedia touch screen, a passenger-dedicated "techno-leaf" and a stowable tablet PC.
Photo: 2009 Suzuki SX4 Sport
• Suzuki SXForce: Reinforcing the link between the company's rich motorcycle heritage and versatile line of fun-to-drive automobiles, Suzuki introduces the SXForce, a sportbike-inspired concept car. The fully drivable, track-tested 250-horsepower, 2.0-liter, turbocharged SX4 Sport concept includes a fully tuned performance suspension system, F1-style outlet gills to help underhood air flow, tailored rear bodywork with carbon fiber diffuser, Carbontrix rear wing, Tein coilover suspension height and damper setup, and reinforced structure to further enhance rigidity for optimal handling.
• Lincoln C concept: Designed with today's upscale, urban consumer in mind, the Lincoln C concept brings the luxury of a large Lincoln to a smaller, more efficient C-sized car. The C is powered by a 1.6-liter EcoBoost engine and an all-new dry, dual-clutch PowerShift six-speed transmission which helps it achieve 43 mpg on the highway, while offering up an impressive 180 horsepower.
• Dodge Circuit EV: This brand new all-electric sports car concept from Dodge delivers high performance with zero gasoline consumption, zero tailpipe emissions and 150-200 mile driving range. Propelled by a completely electric drivetrain, the Dodge Circuit EV races from 0-60 mph in less than 5 seconds and has a top speed of more than 120 mph. The Circuit EV utilizes three powertrain components, including a 200 kW (268 horsepower) electric motor to drive the wheels, an advanced lithium-ion battery system to power the electric-drive motor, and a controller that manages energy flow.
Today's Newest Cars & Trucks
Photo: Jeff Nasca (l to r), Mike Pevovar, Richard Duff and Justin Thompson of General Motors Design with the 2010 Buick LaCrosse luxury sedan at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan Tuesday, January 13, 2009. The Buick LaCrosse will feature all wheel drive, a suite of advanced intelligent personal technologies and safety features, and a choice of two fuel-saving V-6 engines. LaCrosse production will begin this summer at the Fairfax Assembly facility in Kansas City, Kansas.
• Buick LaCrosse: Redesigned from the ground up, the 2010 Buick LaCrosse features sculpted styling, premium interior materials with cool blue ambient lighting, and responsive performance. The LaCrosse also features all wheel drive and QuietTuning, and intelligent technologies that work to deliver a 360-degree field of vision behind the steering wheel including a head-up display in the windshield, and a Side Blind Zone alert system.
• Cadillac SRX: The new SRX is a mid-size luxury crossover featuring a completely new design and more-efficient, high-technology engine choices. It is powered by a new 3.0L direct injected V-6 engine or a 2.8L turbocharged V-6. Direct injection enables a 25-percent reduction in hydrocarbon emissions. Performance and safety are enhanced by an available all-wheel-drive (AWD) system.
• BMW 7 Series: The fifth generation BMW 7 Series is powered by a 4.4-liter, twin-turbocharged 400hp V-8 mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission. The new 7 has an array of innovative driver-assistance options such as Active Cruise Control with new stop-and-go capability; Lane Departure Warning, Active Blind Spot Detection, Head-up Display, High Beam Assistant and BMW Night Vision with new Pedestrian Detection.
Photo: The dramatically-designed 2010 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon makes its European premiere at Paris, followed by production launch in spring of 2009.
• Cadillac CTS Wagon: The all-new CTS Sport Wagon is intended to connect with the changing priorities of luxury consumers by delivering significant increases in functionality. The CTS is about the same size as the CTS sport sedan, although it nearly doubles its carrying capacity, with a generous cargo area of 25 cubic feet behind the rear seats.
Photo: Nissan Cube
• Nissan Cube: The fashionable and functional new 1.8-liter Nissan cube provides the utility and dependability consumers expect in a small car including wide doors, large greenhouse with wraparound rear window, and a refrigerator-style rear door combined with a roomy five passenger interior.
Photo: 2010 Ford Taurus SHO at 2009 Chicago Show
• Ford Taurus: Ford's new flagship, the 2010 Taurus, will start at $25,995 and features an impressive suite of technologies never before offered in the non-premium large car segment including Cross Traffic Alert, Collision Warning, MyKey(TM) parental programmability, EasyFuel(TM) capless refueling, SecuriCode(TM) Keyless Entry, Ford SYNC(R) and Voice-Activated Navigation with SIRIUS(R) Travel Link(TM). Other features new to Taurus include Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Spot Information System (BLIS(TM)), Rain-Sensing Wipers and Intelligent Access with Push Button Start.
• Lincoln MKT: The all-new Lincoln MKT is a three-row tourer that delivers an impressive blend of fuel economy, performance, technology and spaciousness. The MKT includes many new technologies including available Adaptive Cruise Control, Collision Warning with Brake Support, Active Park Assist, and Blind Spot monitoring.
• Nissan 370Z: The newly redesigned Nissan 370Z is more refined, more powerful, and even better handling. Powered by a 332-horsepower 3.7-liter DOHC V6 engine with Variable Valve Event and Lift Control (VVEL), the new Z also features a new 7-speed automatic transmission, and a world's first synchronized downshift rev matching system for the 6-speed manual transmission.
Photo: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro.
• Chevrolet Camaro: The 2010 Camaro is a heritage-inspired sports car for the 21st century, combining muscle car looks and performance with advanced technology and surprising efficiency -- including 26-mpg estimated highway fuel economy. The rear-wheel-drive Camaro comes with either a V6 or V8 direct injection engine with Active Fuel Management to enable a satisfying balance of exhilarating performance and good fuel economy.
• Infiniti G Convertible: The first-ever Infiniti G Convertible is powered by a 3.7-liter V6 325 horsepower engine and features a three-piece folding steel top and a special convertible-focused interior, which features a unique Bose(R) Open Air Sound System that dynamically changes equalization based on outside noise, vehicle speed, and top position.
• Volvo XC60: The new XC60 is a crossover vehicle is powered by a 3.0-liter turbocharged engine and features a unique system called City Safety which can help the driver avoid low speed collisions when driving in slow moving, stop and go traffic. The laser-based technology continually monitors the area in front of the vehicle and can brake automatically to help avoid or mitigate a collision.
Photo: Kia Soul at the 2009 New York International Auto Show (NYIAS).
• KIA Soul: The fun all-new five-passenger Kia Soul which starts at $13,995 (including delivery) is available in four trims: Soul, Soul+, Soul! and Soul sport and features big-car standard and optional equipment such as keyless entry remote, solar glass, and power sunroof. It is powered by either a four-cylinder 1.6-liter or a 2.0-liter engine producing 122 and 142 horsepower respectively.
• Audi Q5: The all-new Q5 SUV with its sporty proportions and muscular stance features a 3.2 V6 FSI direct injection engine, quattro(R) all wheel drive, and a six speed Tiptronic transmission, and achieves city fuel economy of 18 mpg with 23 mpg highway.
• Dodge Challenger R/T Classic: The Dodge Challenger R/T Classic delivers a menacing look with its dual throwback A-line body-side R/T stripes, 'Challenger' fender badging in classic script, large 20-inch polished-chrome heritage wheels, classic egg-crate grille with heritage 'R/T' badge, body-color rear spoiler and chromed fuel-filler door. Performance comes from a 5.7-liter HEMI(R) V-8 engine under a long, raised performance hood with functional hood scoops to increase engine cooling.
Photo: Mercedes-Benz E-Class: E 63 AMG with 386 kW/525 hp and AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 7-speed sports transmission
• Mercedes Benz E-Class and E-Coupe: With the new E-Class and E-Coupe, Mercedes-Benz combines safety, comfort and environmental compatibility with 20 new technical developments including innovations for safe driving such as Attention Assist and Automatic Emergency Braking, which is activated when there is acute danger of a collision. The new E-Class models are also the first automobiles in the world with headlamps that adapt to the traffic situation and respond automatically to avoid dazzling other drivers.
• Audi A5 convertible: The new A5 Cabriolet is a four-seat open top Audi that has a classic fabric top -- which endows it with a striking silhouette -- which opens in 15 seconds. An acoustic top, neck-level heating and leather seats coated with a special layer to reduce solar heating are just some of the features of the sporty, elegant new A5 model.
• Bentley Continental Supersports: The Continental Supersports is the fastest and most powerful Bentley ever. The extreme Bentley, a muscular two-seater that delivers supercar performance and a highly focused driving experience, is also the first Bentley capable of running on both gasoline and biofuel. With 621 bhp and new 'Quickshift' transmission that halves shift times, the Supersports sets new performance benchmarks for Bentley. It accelerates from 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds onto a top speed of 204 mph.
• MAZDASPEED3: The MAZDASPEED3 sport compact pushes Mazda design further and its exciting driving performance perfectly represents Mazda's Zoom-Zoom spirit. Carrying forward the MZR 2.3 DISI Turbo engine, Mazda3 MPS builds on the popularity and recognition of the previous model. It evolves the driving experience to an entirely new level of quality and pleasure with its emotional design and exhilarating performance.
Photo: Porsche 911 GT3 at the 2009 New York International Auto Show (NYIAS).
• Porsche 911 GT3: The lightweight 435-horsepower next generation 911 GT3 features a larger 3.8-liter boxer six-cylinder engine with an enhanced VarioCam system, larger yet lighter brakes, and new one-piece centerlock wheels, all of which boost performance over the previous model. Technical developments like innovative dynamic engine mounts, updated aerodynamics that increase downforce by over 100% and a special version of the Porsche Stability Management (PSM) system all help make this latest iteration the most dynamic 911 GT3 to date.
• Ford Shelby GT500: The most-distinctive model of the new 2010 Mustang lineup, the 2010 Shelby GT500 is powered by a supercharged and intercooled 5.4-liter dual overhead cam V-8 engine that produces 540 horsepower and 510 foot-pounds of torque. The Mustangs aggressive new exterior design features new functional details, such as the hood extractor to remove heat from the engine and "Gurney Flap" spoiler to tune rear downforce.
• Jaguar XFR and XKR: Jaguar's new XFR and XKR models deliver a superb balance of high performance, dynamic ability and refinement. Both models are powered by an all-new supercharged 5.0-liter 510bhp V8 with acceleration from 0-60mph in just 4.7 seconds and 4.6 seconds respectively.
Photo: Volkswagen GTI at the 2009 New York International Auto Show (NYIAS).
• Volkswagen GTI: The new sixth-generation, performance-based Volkswagen GTI hatchback is powered by an advanced new TSI engine, available linked to either a 6-speed manual or DSG gearbox. With the new GTI, VW has increased the quality and comfort level to new heights. The GTI will be available in three- and five-door body styles. Visual details include a new front bumper, vertically stacked foglamps and an altered grille with classic GTI touches.
Source: New York International Auto Show
"At the 2009 New York International Automobile Show, the U.S. Domestic Automakers are not obliged to answer questions concerning their respective financial condition, management changes, brand elimination, or restructuring policy. Doing so would be detrimental to their standing."
Posted by Editors at 8:01 AM
March 27, 2009
TAG Heuer Explores Luxury with The Aquaracer 500m Series and Offers a Glimpse Into The Future of Watchmaking with Its Monaco 24 Chronograph
Photo: TAG Heuer's Aquaracer 500M with blue dial and stainless steel bracelet.
Answering the call of diving enthusiasts who demand an exacting timepiece that is robust as well as refined, Swiss watch Brand TAG Heuer unveiled its new Aquaracer 500M series. Whether worn while swimming along the Great Barrier Reef or exploring the underwater caves of Turks & Caicos, these watches take serious sports-inspired functionality to a new extreme.
Water resistant to 500 meters, each model in the Aquaracer 500M collection is equipped with the definitive attributes of a high-performance diving watch, including a unidirectional turning bezel that ensures precise elapsed dive-time measurement. Highly luminescent markers on the hands and indexes, as well as an orange-tipped second hand, provide at-a-glance readability under water or in dim light. Additionally, the sapphire crystal and caseback are scratch-resistant and anti-reflection treated for optimum visibility.
To prevent damage to the watch and its movements, the Aquaracer 500M features an automatic helium valve that releases, upon decompression, any gases that infiltrate the watch during a deep dive. A fine-brushed, screw-in crown with double safety gaskets further protects the timepiece from water or dust penetration.
Photo: TAG Heuer's Monaco Twenty Four Concept Chronograph.
TAG Heuer also announced that it is continuing to push the boundaries of watchmaking with its Monaco Twenty Four Concept Chronograph, invoking the electrifying spirit of the world's most arduous sports car race. Introduced today at BASEL, Switzerland, this timepiece, in TAG Heuer's own words, features the same state-of-the-art engineering as the powerful GT cars that take to the 24 Hours of Le Mans circuit.
The Monaco Twenty Four Concept Chronograph's race car-inspired functionality is found in every aspect of the piece's design, most notably in the energy manifold that houses the Calibre 36 movement. Comparable to a GT car's cockpit cage, this proprietary steel-tube structure safeguards the mechanism, ensuring that the watch can better withstand shock.
The movement gains additional protection from a shock-absorbing composite filter material. Used in the racing and aerospace industry, this material insulates the Calibre 36 movement by directing vibrations into the composite filter, which absorbs and dissipates their energy. According to TAG Heuer, unlike a conventional timepiece's Incabloc system, which protects the mechanism only from external shocks, TAG Heuer's Dynamic Absorber insulates the movement entirely and the Monaco Twenty Four Concept Chronograph is able to withstand an impact of 24,000 G, the equivalent of a 65-foot fall, compared with the industry standard of 2,000 - 5,000 G, or a three-foot fall. These additional safeguards ensure the Monaco and its components will remain unscathed whether the wearer is skydiving from 15,000 feet or attending a very enthusiastic business meeting, explains the watchmaker.
Source: TAG Heuer
Posted by Editors at 7:05 AM
March 18, 2009
Reputation Risk Management Is on the Rise in U.S. and European Corporations -- The Conference Board
But Many Companies Still Have a Long Way to Go in Protecting Their Reputations.
According to a new report from The Conference Board (global business research and membership organization), a growing number of major global companies are investing substantial resources to manage their reputation risk and have increased their efforts to do so over the last three years.
"Safeguarding reputation is even more critical today because companies have developed successful ways to make reputation risk management part of their overall risk management," says Ellen Hexter, Director, Enterprise Risk Management at The Conference Board and co-author of the report with Sandy Bayer, President of Bayer Consulting. "In addition, different stakeholder groups are becoming more sophisticated in how they drive corporate reputations. Critics on the Internet can now transmit their opinions and complaints around the world with ease. Most importantly, consumers have high expectations that companies will not only produce quality products and services, but also will act ethically in their creation and distribution."
The report defines reputation as how a company is perceived by each of its stakeholder groups and reputation risk as the risk that an event will negatively influence stakeholder perceptions. Many reputation risks are the secondary result of other, more traditionally recognized risks. For example, if a manufacturer produces an unsafe product, it may lose customers and is likely to suffer financial costs due to a product recall, both of which impact reputation. Reputations may be damaged for any number of reasons, including that stakeholders perceive a company to be unethical.
"Although reputation is the quintessential intangible asset, a strong corporate reputation yields concrete benefits - higher market value, stronger sales, and an increased ability to hire the best and the brightest," says Bayer.
The report is based on the findings of The Conference Board Reputation Risk Research Working Group and a survey of 148 risk management executives of major corporations. More than three quarters of the respondents to the survey said their companies are making a substantial effort to manage reputation risk (82 percent) and they have increased focus in this area over the last three years (81 percent).
Other key findings of the study:
• Reputation risk should be managed throughout the organization. Although communication is of critical importance in responding to a risk event, a company's reputation should be considered during the preparation and execution of strategy and new projects, which hasn't been the case in most companies.
• Reputation risk is often not incorporated into risk management. Only 49 percent of executives surveyed said that the management of reputation risk was highly integrated with their Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) function or another risk oversight program.
• Assessing reputation risks is a top challenge. Fifty-nine percent indicated that assessing the perceptions and concerns of stakeholders was an extremely or very significant issue, making it the highest-ranked challenge.
• Media monitoring has become more sophisticated. Today, there are tools to assess whether coverage is positive, neutral or negative; the credibility of publications; the prominence of coverage, etc.
• Efforts are being made to quantify the value of reputation. A select group of companies is making progress in this area by working with specialist consulting firms to quantify the impact of reputation on share price.
• Social media are gaining influence, but most companies are ignoring them. Although consumers and investors are increasingly gathering information from blogs, online forums, and social networking sites, only 34 percent of the survey respondents said they extensively monitor such sites, and only 10 percent actively participated in them.
The findings spurred the following recommendations from The Conference Board Research Working Group:
1) Actively involve boards of directors in reputation risk management.
2) Demonstrate to leaders and management teams in business units the impact of their actions on reputation.
3) Integrate reputation risk management with ERM or other risk management programs.
4) Quantify the value of reputation.
5) Use and nurture employees as corporate ambassadors.
"Boards of directors, senior management, and operating management should demonstrate an active commitment to strong reputation management," conclude the authors.
Source: The Conference Board
"Our reputation is more important than the last hundred million dollars."
-- Rupert Murdoch
"From the sublime to the ridiculous there is but one step."
-- Napoleon Bonaparte
Posted by Editors at 12:59 AM
February 27, 2009
Elle Macpherson Donates the First Timepiece in the Aspen Jewelry and Watches Collection to Challenge Aspen
Photo: Elle Macpherson donates first Aspen One timepiece collection to charity.
Swiss-based company Aspen Jewelry and Watches has launched Aspen One worldwide, its first luxury timepiece. Aspen One, the limited edition Swiss-made timepiece retailing for US$38,900, is a tribute to Aspen Mountain. The Aspen Mountain Club was the location of the launch event, where model and entrepreneur Elle Macpherson was presented with the diamond version of Aspen One, retailing at US$49,900. With a multitude of press documenting the event, Elle presented the watch as a donation to representatives of two area nonprofits: Challenge Aspen and Aspen Valley Ski and Snowboard Club.
Founder and CEO Rene van Ass stated, "Aspen is internationally known for its natural beauty, perfect slopes and the glamorous appeal of its famous visitors. Aspen is a brand...a very strong brand. Aspen Jewelry and Watches has been granted the worldwide license to use the Aspen name for the collections we are introducing, the first being Aspen One. By marketing this collection, we are marketing Aspen as it is...and what it was. We will emphasize Aspen's rich history and we want people all over the world to fall in love with Aspen even more."
Posted by Editors at 10:04 PM
February 25, 2009
Gatorade G2 Everyday Athlete: Tennis Star Serena Williams Selects Her Match
Five Semi-Finalists -- All Named Serena -- Share Their Inspired 'Everyday Athlete' Stories For Chance To Appear Next to Serena Williams in G2 Low- Calorie Sports Drink Campaign.
Photo: #1 World Ranked Tennis Player Serena Williams congratulates Serena Cuevas, 23, from San Diego for being selected to appear alongside Williams in the new national "Everyday Athletes" campaign for Gatorade G2 low-calorie sports drink. Emceed by Access Hollywood host and upcoming Dancing with the Stars competitor, Nancy O'Dell, The G2 Everyday Athlete Search selected Cuevas among five semi-finalists - all named Serena.
Top world ranked tennis player Serena Williams -- who just came off winning her 10th Grand Slam Singles Title at the 2009 Australian Open -- teamed up with Gatorade G2 today at Hollywood's famed Roosevelt Hotel to select who will appear alongside her in a new national "Everyday Athletes" ad campaign for the Gatorade G2 low-calorie sports drink.
Emceed by Access Hollywood host and upcoming Dancing with the Stars competitor, Nancy O'Dell, The G2 Everyday Athlete Search featured five semi-finalists -- all named Serena -- who traveled to the event from around the country to discuss their personal stories of how sports and exercise have helped them overcome a challenge or allowed them to reach and accomplish a significant, personal goal.
A casting panel consisting of Serena Williams, and representatives from Shape Magazine and Gatorade G2 selected winner Serena Cuevas, 23, from San Diego, Calif. based on Cuevas' story of growing up with a passion to dance that was sidetracked by a horrific car accident at the age of 17. She was told by the doctors she may never dance again. With determination and passion, Cuevas recovered and went on to compete in national and international salsa competitions, as well as establish her own dance company -- Deseo Dance Company -- in San Diego.
Cuevas will appear with Serena Williams in the national ad campaign beginning this spring that will help draw attention to the Gatorade brand's broadened definition of what it means to be an athlete. If your body is moving, Gatorade considers you an athlete.
The Gatorade Company is a division of PepsiCo.
"Ill-health, of body or of mind, is defeat. Health alone is victory. Let all men, if they can manage it, contrive to be healthy."
-- THOMAS CARLYLE
Posted by Editors at 7:44 AM
February 13, 2009
Three New York City Area Parking Companies Offer Discounts to smart fortwo Owners
smart fortwo Owners Receive Half-Off Rates When Parking at Hundreds of New York City Area Facilities and Airports.
smart USA Distributor LLC (a subsidiary of Penske Automotive Group, Inc., and headquartered in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan) has announced agreements with three New York City area parking companies. Meyers Parking, Icon Parking Systems and AviStar Airport Parking now offer parking discounts to smart fortwo owners. Owners of the revolutionary vehicle will receive a 50 percent discount off daily and monthly posted parking rates at hundreds of locations across New York City.
"Our arrangement with the parking companies gives smart owners the best of both worlds: the ability to park at a discounted price, along with the ease to park almost anywhere," said Dave Schembri, President of smart USA. "The smart fortwo is helping New Yorkers change the way they park and navigate congested city streets, while offering great fuel economy, safety and functionality."
At 61 inches wide and 106 inches long, the smart fortwo is a practical solution for New Yorkers looking to find an easy way to park in New York City. In addition to being easy to park, the vehicle is attracting a significant number of buyers who want a solution to volatile gas prices, a way to reduce their environmental footprint and beat urban congestion in a package that is fun to drive.
Meyers Parking first offered half price parking to smart fortwo owners beginning last September, and the program was renewed for 2009. Meyers Parking is the official parking garage of Madison Square Garden, the New York Rangers, New York Knicks and New York Liberty. Meyers also has the largest public garages in Times Square, on the Upper East Side and the Empire State Building area.
"We are pleased to continue our '50 percent off' arrangement for smart fortwo owners in 2009. Meyers Parking knew it was only a matter of time before other parking companies would provide similar discounts; as it is fair and makes total sense," said Michael Carolan, Director of Operations for Meyers Parking. "We are pleased to have been the innovator of this '50 percent off' concept and we are very happy for smart owners as they now have options to park in areas where Meyers Parking facilities are not located at attractive rates."
Icon Parking Systems has more than 200 parking facilities in Manhattan. Many of Icon's locations can be found near famous New York City landmarks as well as residential areas throughout the city. smart fortwo owners are entitled to half price parking on all day, night and weekend rates and specials.
"It's no surprise that limited parking supply combined with increased development is contributing to congestion in the City. There is also a growing trend among businesses and consumers alike to be more mindful of their impact on the environment and community," said Paul Regan, Vice President, Icon Parking Systems. "By partnering with smart USA, we are hoping to leverage our resources to confront some of these challenges. It makes perfect sense to reward customers who drive vehicles that are economical, environmentally friendly, occupy less space and are relatively easy for operators to park."
For smart fortwo owners traveling by plane out of the New York City area, AviStar Airport Parking, a wholly owned subsidy of Parking Company America Airports, LLC (PCAA) is offering half price parking on the daily rate at both JFK and LaGuardia Airports.
smart USA has sold more than 26,000 smart fortwos since January 16, 2008. Currently there are approximately 4,000 smart owners in the metropolitan New York market. There are seven smart centers located in the tri-state area including: Manhattan, Roslyn, Smithtown and White Plains in New York, Edison and Englewood in New Jersey and Fairfield, Connecticut.
Source: smart USA
"Bravo smart fortwo!"
Posted by Editors at 9:43 AM
February 10, 2009
Cole Haan Debuts Spring 2009 Ad Campaign Featuring Maria Sharapova
Cole Haan recently announced Maria Sharapova as a lead collaborator and the face of Cole Haan Sporting, a new collection for Spring 2009, rooted in sport and remixed with fashion. Today, February 10, 2009 in New York, Cole Haan unveils international tennis sensation Maria Sharapova as the face of its 2009 Spring advertising campaign.
Shot with simplicity in Malibu, California by lifestyle photographer Martyn Thompson, the campaign reflects the interplay of style and sport, passion and play, that Cole Haan says it shares with Sharapova.
Photo: Cole Haan ad featuring Maria Sharapova.
"The campaign marks the first time Cole Haan has collaborated with a Nike athlete to serve as the face of a new collection," notes Cole Haan Chief Marketing Officer Michael Capiraso. "We are able to leverage her interest in fashion and sport, while connecting with our consumer in a new and unique way."
Mixing Media Initiatives:
• Digital media to play an important role in the campaign - rich media presence on top sites.
• Debuting in March issue of Vanity Fair.
• Print Campaign to appear in top Women's Core titles.
The Spring 2009 global launch of Cole Haan Sporting includes men's and women's footwear and accessories.
Cole Haan, headquartered in Yarmouth, Maine, USA, designs and distributes dress and casual footwear, apparel and accessories for men and women under the brand names Cole Haan and Bragano. Cole Haan is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NIKE, Inc. and operates more than 100 retail locations throughout the United States, Canada and Japan.
Source: Cole Haan
Posted by Editors at 5:23 AM
January 23, 2009
Honda Ranks Highest among Manufacturer Web Sites in Satisfying New-Vehicle Shoppers -- J.D. Power
Honda ranks highest among automotive manufacturer Web sites for usefulness in new-vehicle shopping, according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2009 Manufacturer Web Site Evaluation Study(SM) (MWES)--Wave 1 released today.
The semi-annual study measures the usefulness of automotive manufacturer Web sites during the new-vehicle shopping process. New-vehicle shoppers evaluate Web sites in four key areas: appearance, speed, navigation and information/content.
Honda ranks highest with an index score of 882 on a 1,000-point scale--marking a 14-point increase from the last wave of the study, which was released in June 2008. Following Honda in the rankings and rounding out the top five automotive Web sites are Porsche (867), Mitsubishi (866), Kia (865) and Acura (862).
"Honda resolved some minor navigation issues on their Web site, which helped them improve upon their fourth-place ranking in the previous wave," said Scott Kane, senior manager of marketing/media research at J.D. Power and Associates. "Currently, the Honda Web site performs well in all measures and demonstrates particular strength in speed, navigation and demonstrating options, features and specifications."
The study finds that overall site usefulness for the industry as a whole has declined by nine points since June 2008, with 16 manufacturer Web sites demonstrating double-digit decreases. This marks the largest wave-over-wave decrease since the study's inception ten years ago. Overall, the largest declines occur within the "determine monthly payment" and "compare vehicles" attributes of the information/content measure.
"Because of changes in the economic environment, many of today's new-vehicle shoppers are in a much different --and more challenging--financial position than were shoppers in years past, and many auto manufacturers have not prepared their Web sites accordingly," said Kane. "For new-vehicle shoppers, having the ability to go online to easily compare vehicles from various manufacturers, figure out monthly payments and find the best deal possible has always been important. However, in these tough financial times, these kinds of considerations have an even greater impact on the shopping process."
In addition, as marketing budgets for automakers tighten, manufacturer Web sites are becoming less capable of meeting the increasing expectations of shoppers. For example, as some manufacturers have refreshed or redesigned their models, they have limited the variety of vehicle images on their Web sites, or have simplified their photo and video offerings.
Photo: 2010 Honda Insight EX
"Likely due to budget cuts, some sites that once had beautiful images in city and off-road settings from multiple angles showing off their vehicles' capabilities--things that resonated with consumers--have scaled back on the images offered," said Kane. "A hurdle that manufacturers are facing involves obtaining the high-quality content they need for their Web sites--such as images, video and animations--in a cost-effective way. Finding synergies within their organizations as they create content for various marketing needs--both online and offline--will be critical in continuing to meet new-vehicle shoppers' needs."
The study also finds that the more useful a manufacturer Web site is, the more traffic it is likely to drive to dealerships.
"While it may be tempting for manufacturers to scale back development and maintenance of their Web sites, improved Web site design can translate into a higher volume of sales and a positive return on investment," said Kane. "Now, more than ever, it is essential for manufacturers to be strategic about their marketing efforts to capture their share of the diminishing number of new-vehicle shoppers."
The 2009 Manufacturer Web Site Evaluation Study--Wave 1 is based on evaluations gathered in November 2008 from more than 11,400 new-vehicle shoppers who indicated they would be in the market for a new vehicle within the next 24 months.
Manufacturer Web Site Ranking
(Based on a 1,000-point scale)
• Honda ---------- 882
• Porsche ---------- 867
• Mitsubishi ---------- 866
• Kia ---------- 865
• Acura ---------- 862
• Lincoln ---------- 861
• BMW ---------- 859
• Lexus ---------- 859
• MINI ---------- 859
• Mazda ---------- 856
• Infiniti ---------- 853
• Mercury ---------- 852
• Jeep ---------- 851
• Ford ---------- 850
• Suzuki ---------- 848
• Cadillac ---------- 846
• Saturn ---------- 845
• Subaru ---------- 845
• Toyota ---------- 845
• Chrysler ---------- 841
• Dodge ---------- 840
• Industry Average ---------- 840
• HUMMER ---------- 837
• Mercedes-Benz ---------- 837
• Nissan ---------- 836
• Land Rover ---------- 835
• Saab ---------- 834
• Hyundai ---------- 833
• Volvo ---------- 833
• Volkswagen ---------- 829
• Buick ---------- 827
• Chevrolet ---------- 827
• GMC ---------- 821
• Jaguar ---------- 813
• Pontiac ---------- 801
• Audi ---------- 793
• smart ---------- 789
• Scion ---------- 773
Source: J.D. Power and Associates
"Do not frustrate the earnest visitors to the localized Web site of your car brand by not noticeably providing there the addresses of your relevant dealers."
Posted by Editors at 12:11 PM
January 14, 2009
Detroit Auto Show 2009
Photo: Detroit - American Honda Motor Co., Inc., introduces the production version of the all-new 2010 Honda Insight, a dedicated gasoline-electric hybrid vehicle, during its world debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. (American Honda Motor Co., Joe Wilssens)
Photo: Unveiled at the North American International Auto Show is the Jeep(R) Patriot EV.
Photo: Unveiled at the North American International Auto Show is the Chrysler 200C EV concept.
Photo: A caravan of 2009 Saturn Vue 2-Mode Hybrids departs from the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan Monday, January 12, 2009 - bound for the upcoming presidential inauguration in Washington, D.C. The caravan will make stops at Ohio State University, Penn State University and Howard University encouraging people to make positive changes to reduce the nation's energy consumption. Once in Washington, the hybrid vehicles will be used to provide courtesy transportation for inaugural events. (Photo by John F. Martin for General Motors)
Photo: General Motors North America President Troy Clarke introduces the 2010 Chevrolet Equinox - making its world debut - at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan Sunday, January 11, 2009. The Equinox compact crossover will deliver an estimated highway fuel economy of 30 mpg with its new 2.4L direct injection engine. It will go on sale in mid-2009. (Photo by John F. Martin for General Motors)
Photo: The 2010 Buick LaCrosse luxury sedan makes its world debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan Sunday, January 11, 2009. The Buick LaCrosse will feature all wheel drive, a suite of advanced intelligent personal technologies and safety features, and a choice of two fuel-saving V-6 engines. LaCrosse production will begin this summer at the Fairfax Assembly facility in Kansas City, Kansas. (Photo by John F. Martin for General Motors)
Photo: The next generation 2010 Cadillac SRX makes its world debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan Sunday, January 11, 2009. The SRX mid-size luxury crossover is expected to deliver a 25-percent reduction in hydrocarbon emissions while providing fuel economy in the mid-20's. Production begins in the second quarter of 2009, with dealer availability shortly thereafter. (Photo by Jeffrey Sauger for General Motors)
Photo: General Motors employees, retirees, dealers and suppliers cheer the Chevrolet Beat concept during a media event at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan Sunday, January 11, 2009. Chevrolet announced production plans for a new vehicle - the Chevrolet Spark - a fuel-efficient mini-car based on the Beat concept that will arrive in dealer showrooms in 2011. (Photo by John F. Martin for General Motors)
Photo: As part of the Mercedes-Benz New Year's Reception in Detroit, Daimler CEO Dr. Dieter Zetsche presented the latest version of the successful E-Class in front of over 650 trade journalists from around the world.
Photo: The Ford Fiesta at the North American International Auto Show. Before the Ford Fiesta's U.S. launch in 2010, consumers across the country will have an opportunity to drive, experience and learn all about Ford's newest global vehicle. Under a program coined 'Fiesta Movement', Ford will select up to 100 tech-savvy vehicle enthusiasts to drive a Fiesta and then relate their experiences through social media sites such as Facebook, FlickR and YouTube.
Photo: The Lincoln C Concept was introduced at the North American International Auto Show 2009. It is powered by a sophisticated human machine interface (HMI) and forward-thinking in-car connectivity technologies.
Photo: Ford's Battery Electric Vehicle hits the streets of Detroit at the North American International Auto Show, giving media from around the world a chance to put it to the test.
"The financial woes of G.M. and Chrysler have made the Detroit show far more downbeat than in years past. Persistent questions about their financial situations have tested the patience of executives at both companies."
-- From the article "Wagoner Says G.M. Is Working on an Overhaul Tied to the Bailout" in The New York Times, January 12, 2009 (NYTimes.com)
"As to buying from Detroit, that is another question.
While I have occasionally looked at Detroit product when buying a new car, I have always found that they were not the equal of foreign products in many areas, from design to ergonomics to comfort to dependability to value. Which is why I have only owned Japanese cars since I purchased my 1st new car in 1979.
With the current financial circumstances that the Detroit carmakers are in, there is NO WAY that I would risk buying a Detroit product. Who knows if they will be in business next year?"
-- A Reader's Comment in response to the article "How to Get Detroit Selling Again" in The New York Times, January 12, 2009 (NYTimes.com)
"A new automobile MUST BE sold with the Essential Guarantee of Continuing Service Facility and Continuing Spare Parts Availability.
Can a Detroit Auto Company provide that Essential Guarantee today?
NO, IT CANNOT."
Posted by Editors at 5:49 AM
December 30, 2008
Ninety Things to Watch in 2009 -- JWT's Annual List
JWT, one of the largest advertising agencies in the world, has released its list of 90 things to watch in 2009.
"Our list points to the broader trends we're seeing, showing the ways in which these shifts will manifest in our everyday lives," says Ann Mack, director of trendspotting at JWT. Among these shifts, the recession will make the biggest impact, says Mack. "A lot of what to watch in 2009 relates to consumers' adaptation to the economic situation, from 'affordable nutrition' to 'more under one roof,'" notes Mack.
JWT's list of 90 Things to Watch in 2009 (unranked and in alphabetical order):
1. 21st-Century Networking
2. Affordable Nutrition
3. Amy Poehler
4. Apatow-esque Humor
6. Building a Beauty Arsenal
7. Buraka Som Sistema
8. Career Reinvention and Extension
9. Chat-Avoidance Services
10. The Cleveland Show
11. Cloud Computing
12. The Collective Consciousness
13. Creativity in the Informal Economy
14. Credit Card Dieting
16. The Decline of E-Mail
17. Distraction as Entertainment
18. DIY Repairs and Renovations
22. Electric Bikes
23. Elizabeth Banks
24. Emma Stone
25. The Energy Race
26. Environmental Exercise
27. Family-Friendly TV
29. Gerard Butler
30. Girl Talk
31. Giving Circles
33. Good Old-Fashioned Cooking
34. Graphic Novels Hit Hyperdrive
35. The Green-Collar Class
37. Holographic Projection
38. Home as Castle
40. Homemade Beauty Treatments
41. How to Talk to Girls
42. Incognito luxury
43. Inconspicuous Travel
44. Innocent Cosmetics
45. Lady GaGa
47. Lance Armstrong
48. Lykke Li
49. Maria Pinto
50. Marketing with Aromas
51. Michelle Obama
52. Microfinancing's Second Wave
53. Mobile Phones Get Personal
54. More Under One Roof
55. NASA's Kepler Telescope
58. No "Paper" in Newspapers
59. Nutrition Replaces Dieting
62. Online TV Network Crackle
63. Online Video Ads
64. Outliers (as a term)
65. Palin's Grandson
66. Personalized Travel Guides
67. Pisco Sours
68. Presidential Sightseeing
69. Prince William Wedding Watch
70. Product Source Tags
71. Radical Transparency Meets Genomics
72. Readers + Social Media = Revenue?
73. Residential Market for Solar Power
74. Ricky Rubio
75. Russell Brand
77. The Small Movement
78. Smart Garages
79. South Africa
80. Stuart Karten
81. Sustainable Fishery
82. T. Boone Pickens
84. Touch Screens
85. Twitter Copycats
86. Virtual Reality Therapy
87. Virtual Socializing
90. Xbox Streaming
Headquartered in New York, JWT is a global network with more than 200 offices in over 85 countries employing nearly 10,000 marketing professionals. JWT's parent company is WPP and its clients include Bayer, Cadbury, Diageo, DTC, Ford, HSBC, Johnson & Johnson, Kellogg's, Kimberly-Clark, Kraft, Nestle, Nokia, Rolex, Schick, Shell, Unilever, and Vodafone.
U.S. Federal Government has done all it can currently do to sustain the ailing domestic (as well as global) economy.
It is a crime to put all the blame on the managements of the bankrupt or struggling American corporations and make them scapegoats.
The blame must be shared by all those who have been blind to (or unaware of) the Highest Law of Economics and have been advertently or inadvertently contributing towards the propagation of the easy-money excessive greed culture originating in the USA.
Such contributors include the Top American Business & Financial Newspapers & Magazines, Relevant Leading Advertising Agencies, and some Industry Specific Labor Unions.
Posted by Editors at 12:18 PM
December 18, 2008
2009 NORTH AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW
The North American International Auto Show will open its doors in less than 30 days and plans continue to build anticipation for this flagship event in the automotive industry. On Jan 11th global eyes will turn to Detroit as the press days open the show with 44 product unveilings.
"Detroit will soon be welcoming more than 6,000 national and international media to the 2009 NAIAS," said Joe Serra, co-chair for the 2009 NAIAS. "While the automotive industry is in the midst of an obvious time of adjustment, the interest in the future of cars has only increased. What better place to see the future of automotive than in Detroit."
The public and media will be treated to a number of world debuts of highly anticipated vehicles from exhibitors such as General Motors, Chrysler, Kia, Volkswagen, Audi, Honda and Toyota. As the environmental impact of vehicles increasingly moves to the forefront of buyers' minds, many of the debuts will include vehicles designed with a 'green' mindset including the 2010 Toyota Prius, and 2010 Honda Insight.
One of the largest media events in North America, the NAIAS is the only auto show in the United States to earn an annual distinguished sanction of the Organisation Internationale des Constructeurs d'Automobiles, the Paris-based alliance of automotive trade associations and manufacturers from around the world.
Photo: Detroit, Mich.: At the 2008 North American International Auto Show, attendees enjoy all the sights and sounds of Public Days.
NAIAS 2009 EXHIBITOR PRESS CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
(THIS SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
Sunday, January 11, 2009
7:00 am Media Credential Office Opens / Oakland Concourse
8:30-8:55 am Johnson Controls / D2-15
9:00 am Show Floor Opens
9:10-9:30 am NAIAS 2009 Opening Ceremony / Michigan Hall Stage
9:30-10:00 am North American Car and Truck of the Year Awards
10:10-10:35 am General Motors
10:50-11:15 am Lexus / Riverview Ballroom
11:25-11:50 am Ford / Cobo Arena
12:00-12:25 pm Chrysler
12:35-1:00 pm BMW
1:10-1:35 pm Volkswagen
1:45-2:10 pm Bentley
2:20-2:45 pm Kia
2:55-3:20 pm Audi
3:30-3:55 pm MINI
4:05-4:30 pm Lamborghini
4:40-5:05 pm Subaru
5:15-5:40 pm Jaguar / Main Show Floor
5:50-6:15 pm Volvo / Main Show Floor
Monday, January 12, 2009
7:00 am Show Floor Opens
8:30-8:55 am Michelin Corporate
9:05-9:30 am Lincoln-Mercury / Cobo Arena
9:40-10:05 am Maserati
10:15-10:40 am General Motors
10:50-11:15 am BYD
11:30-11:55 am Toyota / Riverview Ballroom
12:10-12:35 pm Brilliance
12:45-1:00 pm Lamborghini Fashion Show / Lamborghini stand
1:10-1:35 pm General Motors
1:45-2:10 pm Fisker
2:20-2:45 pm Revenge Designs
2:55-3:20 pm Michelin Challenge Design / Michigan Hall
3:30-3:55 pm Alpine / O2-44
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
7:00 am Show Floor Opens
10:00-10:25 am DENSO / Michigan Hall Stage
10:35-11:00 am Johnson Controls / D2-15
11:10-11:35 am EyesOn Design Awards at the NAIAS / Michigan Hall Stage
"At the Detroit 2009 North American International Auto Show, the first thing the press and the public would wish to know about an Automobile Manufacturer is its CURRENT REPUTATION."
Posted by Editors at 11:31 AM
December 11, 2008
GM'S COMMITMENT TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE
Photo: Team Chevy NASCAR driver Kevin Harvick takes the Chevrolet Equinox Fuel Cell vehicle for a test drive after being shown its General Motors advanced technology Friday, August 29, 2008 in Fontana, California. (General Motors News Photo) (United States)
Photo: Chevrolet Volt Director of Design Bob Boniface (left) shows off the Chevrolet Volt to media as the vehicle makes its West Coast debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show in Los Angeles, California Wednesday, November 19, 2008. The Volt delivers up to 40 miles of gasoline and emissions-free electric driving with the extended-range capability of hundreds of additional miles. (General Motors News Photo) (United States)
Following is GM's letter published in Automotive News :
GM'S COMMITMENT TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE
"We deeply appreciate the Congress considering General Motors' request to borrow up to $18 billion from the United States. We want to be sure the American people know why we need it, what we'll do with it and how it will make GM viable for the long term.
For a century, we have been serving your personal mobility needs, providing American jobs and serving local communities. We have been the U.S. sales leader for 76 consecutive years. Of the 250 million cars and trucks on U.S. roads today, more than 66 million are GM brands -- nearly 44 million more than Toyota brands. Our goal is to continue to fulfill your aspirations and exceed your expectations.
While we're still the U.S. sales leader, we acknowledge we have disappointed you. At times we violated your trust by letting our quality fall below industry standards and our designs become lackluster. We have proliferated our brands and dealer network to the point where we lost adequate focus on our core U.S. market. We also biased our product mix toward pick-up trucks and SUVs. And, we made commitments to compensation plans that have proven to be unsustainable in today's globally competitive industry. We have paid dearly for these decisions, learned from them and are working hard to correct them by restructuring our U.S. business to be viable for the long term.
Today, we have substantially overcome our quality gap; our newest designs like the Chevrolet Malibu and Cadillac CTS are widely heralded for their appeal; our new products are nearly all cars and "crossovers" rather than pick-ups and SUVs; our factories have greatly improved productivity and our labor agreements are much more competitive. We are also driven to lead in fuel economy, with more hybrid models for sale and biofuel-capable vehicles on the road than any other manufacturer, and determined to reinvent the automobile with products like the Chevrolet Volt extended-range electric vehicle and breakthrough technology like hydrogen fuel cells.
Until recent events, we felt the actions we'd been taking positioned us for a bright future. Just a year ago, after we reached transformational agreements with our unions, industry analysts were forecasting a positive GM turnaround. We had adequate cash on hand to continue our restructuring even under relatively conservative industry sales volume assumptions. Unfortunately, along with all Americans, we were hit by a "perfect storm." Over the past year we have all faced volatile energy prices, the collapse of the U.S. housing market, failing financial institutions, a stock market crash and the complete freezing of credit. We are in the midst of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. Just like you, we have been severely impacted by events outside our control. U.S. auto industry sales have fallen to their lowest per capita rate in half a century. Despite moving quickly to reduce our planned spending by over $20 billion, GM finds itself precariously and frighteningly close to running out of cash.
This is why we need to borrow money from U.S. taxpayers. If we run out of cash, we will be unable to pay our bills, sustain our operations and invest in advanced technology. A collapse of GM and the domestic auto industry will accelerate the downward spiral of an already anemic U.S. economy. This will be devastating to all Americans, not just GM stakeholders, because it would put millions of jobs at risk and deepen our recession. By lending GM money, you will provide us with a financial bridge until the U.S. economy and auto sales return to modestly healthy levels. This will allow us to keep operating and complete our restructuring.
We submitted a plan to Congress Dec. 2, 2008, detailing our commitments to ensure our viability, strengthen our competitiveness, and deliver energy-efficient products. Specifically, we are committed to:
• produce automobiles you want to buy and are excited to own
• lead the reinvention of the automobile based on promising new technology
• focus on our core brands to consistently deliver on their promises
• streamline our dealer network to ensure the best sales and service
• ensure sacrifices are shared by all GM stakeholders
• meet appropriate standards for executive pay and corporate governance
• work with our unions to quickly realize competitive wages and benefits
• reduce U.S. dependence on imported oil
• protect our environment
• pay you back the entire loan with appropriate oversight and returns
These actions, combined with a modest rebound of the U.S. economy, should allow us to begin repaying you in 2011.
In summary, our plan is designed to provide a secure return on your investment in GM's future. We accept the conditions of your loan, the commitments of our plan, and the results needed to transform our business for long-term success. We will contribute to strengthening U.S. energy and environmental security. We will contribute to America's technical and manufacturing know-how and create high quality jobs for the "new economy." And, we will continue to deliver personal mobility freedom to Americans using the most advanced transportation solutions. We are proud of our century of contribution to U.S. prosperity and look forward to making an equally meaningful contribution during our next 100 years."
"GM's foregoing appeal to the U.S. taxpayers leaves a negative impression on the shareholders and on the Investors-in-Waiting -- the key players that matter the most. The appeal makes no sense to them. They are looking for any tangible positive catalysis at GM.
If General Motors Corporation emboldens the shareholders and the Investors-in-Waiting by any courageous rational move, that would enable it to pull itself through."
"G.M. said it planned to focus on four core brands -- Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick and GMC -- and sell, eliminate or consolidate the Saturn, Saab, Hummer and Pontiac brands.
Despite having downsized its operations in the last three years, G.M. said it would cut more than 20 percent of its remaining jobs, shut nine factories, seek to renegotiate the terms of $66 billion in debt, and push to reopen contract talks with the United Automobile Workers to reduce labor costs."
-- Article in The New York Times
"Bankruptcy, whether it's structured or not, would destroy demand for that company's vehicles and put dealers out of business."
-- Annette Sykora, Chairman of the National Automobile Dealers Association
"The terms of the loans will require auto companies to demonstrate how they would become viable. They must pay back all their loans to the government, and show that their firms can earn a profit and achieve a positive net worth. This restructuring will require meaningful concessions from all involved in the auto industry -- management, labor unions, creditors, bondholders, dealers, and suppliers.
In particular, automakers must meet conditions that experts agree are necessary for long-term viability -- including putting their retirement plans on a sustainable footing, persuading bondholders to convert their debt into capital the companies need to address immediate financial shortfalls, and making their compensation competitive with foreign automakers who have major operations in the United States. If a company fails to come up with a viable plan by March 31st, it will be required to repay its federal loans.
The automakers and unions must understand what is at stake, and make hard decisions necessary to reform. These conditions send a clear message to everyone involved in the future of American automakers: The time to make the hard decisions to become viable is now -- or the only option will be bankruptcy."
-- President George W. Bush on the administration's plan to assist U.S. auto makers. December 19, 2008.
Posted by Editors at 2:55 AM
October 27, 2008
Volvo Ocean Race 2008-09
Photo: Telefonica Blue officially suspended racing having reached landfall near Gibraltar to undertake repairs to the steering gear they damaged soon after the race start in Alicante. (© Dave Kneale/Volvo Ocean Race)
Photo: Telefonica Blue and Black training off Alicante. (© Maria Muina/Equipo Telefonica)
The Volvo Ocean Race 2008-09 is the 10th running of this ocean marathon. Starting from Alicante in Spain, on 4 October 2008, it is, for the first time, taking in Cochin, India, Singapore and Qingdao, China before finishing in St Petersburg, Russia for the first time in the history of the race. Spanning some 37,000 nautical miles, visiting 11 ports over nine months, the Volvo Ocean Race is the world's premier ocean yacht race for professional racing crews.
Photo: PUMA Ocean Racing heads into the Gibraltar strait during leg 1 of the Volvo Ocean Race. (© Dave Kneale/Volvo Ocean Race)
(Photo © Rick Tomlinson/Volvo Ocean Race)
Photo: Telefonica Blue sail testing off Alicante, prior to the in-port race. (© Rick Tomlinson/Volvo Ocean Race)
Photo: Telefonica Blue breaks away from the start line in Alicante, Spain for leg 1 of The Volvo Ocean Race. Next is a 6,500nm battle to Cape Town, South Africa. (© Rick Tomlinson/Volvo Ocean Race)
The Volvo Ocean Race is an extreme sport, where boats, equipment and crew push the limits at very high speeds, over very long distances and out of reach for any coast guard. Since Volvo bought the race in 1997, safety has been improved for each race.
A new design of boat, the Volvo Open 70, was introduced for the 2005-06 event. It is faster and more dynamic than any boat previously sailed in the race. This state-of-the-art class of boat, with canting keel and a sail area as large as three tennis courts is being used again in this race, with some slight modifications.
Each Volvo Open 70 has two Volvo Penta engines onboard that are provided by Volvo. One is an engine that can propel the boat, the other creates electricity for all the equipment onboard: the navigation gear, the desalination device etc. The waste is stored onboard and is recycled in the ports.
All major sport events face similar environmental challenges. Therefore, a major United Nations conference on sport and the environment was held in Alicante in conjunction with the start of Volvo Ocean Race. The conference focused on how to make global sport events more sustainable.
Photo: Volvo S40, Gekko Green
According to Volvo Car Corporation, in Volvo Cars' brand value pyramid, (1) Safety is followed by (2) Care for the Environment and (3) Modern Scandinavian Design, and all these three brand values are tied into Volvo Ocean Race as well.
Posted by Editors at 10:44 AM
October 18, 2008
New-Vehicle Buyers Turn to the Internet for Information as Buying Habits Shift to Smaller Vehicles: J.D. Power
Consumer-Generated Content Proves Beneficial for Consumers during the New-Vehicle Shopping Process.
New-vehicle buyers are using the Internet more than ever when researching vehicle information, according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2008 New Autoshopper.com Study(SM) released yesterday. J.D. Power and Associates is a business unit of The McGraw-Hill Companies.
The study finds that 75 percent of new-vehicle buyers in 2008 are using the Internet during their shopping process, compared with 70 percent in 2007. This year marks the largest year-over-year increase in online shopping since 2001. The total amount of time shoppers spend online researching automotive information has also increased since 2007 -- up 12 percent to more than six and a half hours. Meanwhile, the number of Web sites being visited by new-vehicle shoppers has remained relatively flat since 2007, which suggests that consumers have become more engaged with the sites they currently visit.
• "The current economic environment, coupled with high fuel prices, has given rise to a shift in the vehicle buying habits of U.S. consumers," said Arianne Walker, director of marketing/media research at J.D. Power and Associates. "Shoppers who were once loyal to larger vehicle models are now finding themselves in the market for a compact or midsize car. For many, this is unknown territory, and these shoppers are turning to the Internet for information and education about the vehicles in their new consideration set. The resulting demand for information provides automotive marketers with valuable opportunities to reach out to shoppers via the Internet."
Automotive manufacturers can further engage shoppers through consumer-generated content on the Web. According to the study, nearly 70 percent of automotive Internet users (AIUs) utilize consumer-generated content while shopping for a new vehicle. In particular, vehicle ratings and reviews are the most popular form of consumer-generated content, with 63 percent of AIUs utilizing this resource. Additionally, 95 percent of AIUs who use consumer ratings and reviews say that the information is "helpful." Dealer ratings and reviews are also popular among new-vehicle shoppers, with 38 percent of AIUs utilizing the resource, and 87 percent of those find the information "helpful."
"The collaborative environment facilitated by Web 2.0 is changing the way shoppers research vehicles, driving many to seek the experiences and opinions of other shoppers and owners," said Walker. "The opinions of other consumers are so impactful that we are already seeing distinct purchasing patterns develop between those shoppers who use consumer ratings and reviews, and those who rely solely on expert ratings and reviews."
The study also finds that different types of automotive Web sites have specific benefits that satisfy the information and shopping needs of consumers. For example, shoppers view independent, third-party sites -- such as Edmunds.com and Kelley Blue Book (kbb.com) -- as being most useful for researching vehicle pricing and for providing ratings, reviews and forums. Conversely, shoppers view manufacturer Web sites as most useful for their information on vehicle model options, features and specifications, while dealer sites are perceived as being most useful for inventory information.
• "The challenge for automotive manufacturers and dealers alike is discovering how best to get involved in online conversations taking place among consumers in order to shift sales to their advantage," said Walker. "Knowing the strengths of various types of sites and where shoppers are going for their information can enable manufacturers and dealers to manage their site content more strategically and focus on efficiently targeting consumers at each stage of the shopping process."
The study also finds that Kelley Blue Book (kbb.com) is the most visited independent Web site, with 44 percent of automotive Internet users visiting the site. Additionally, Edmunds.com is the most useful independent Web site among automotive Internet users. Edmunds.com shoppers are 42 percent more likely than consumers using other independent, third-party sites to say that the reviews, forums and ratings are the most useful information on the site.
This J.D. Power Study is based on the self-reported shopping habits of 27,901 new-vehicle buyers.
Posted by Editors at 1:37 PM