January 14, 2017
Nearly 50 Automobile Mobility Startups from Around the World Showcase Mobility Innovations at Detroit Auto Show
Photos: Some latest car models being exhibited at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit.
DETROIT — Nearly 50 startups from around the world are participating and showcasing their innovative mobility platforms as part of “AutoMobili-D” at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS).
“Through our ground-breaking “AutoMobili-D” showcase, the North American International Auto Show is the first auto show to feature a dedicated startup expo featuring companies from around the world that are tackling every aspect of future automotive mobility,” said Sam Slaughter, 2017 NAIAS Chairman. “Of the startups featured in “AutoMobili-D”, close to 90 percent of them are currently working with global automakers and suppliers to bring their technologies and concepts to production, a truly remarkable achievement.”
Auto Mobility Startup Companies include:
• Civil Maps - cognition for cars, enabling autonomous vehicles to crowdsource a comprehensive map for safe, smooth driving.
• Donut Media - digital media central for the next generation of automotive and motorsports enthusiasts.
• LISNR - ultrasonic inaudible technology; a communication protocol that sends data over audio.
• Mapbox - platform used by developers to power maps and location for hundreds of millions of users. Mapbox Drive is a full solution for mobility, from open source libraries for Android and Qt to telemetry-based road topology data to enable self-driving cars.
• PolySync - products and services that simplify and accelerate the development, testing, and deployment of self-driving cars.
• Spatial - artificial intelligence location platform and API that enables vehicles to answer location questions only a local would know using real time social data.
• SPLT - focused on moving people efficiently and sustainably in urban and suburban areas.
Now in its 29th year as an international event, the NAIAS is among the most prestigious auto shows in the world, providing unparalleled access to the automotive products, technologies, people and ideas that matter most - up close and in one place.