« Giffoni International Children’s Film Festival 42nd Edition is taking place July 14 - 24, 2012 | Main | Newly-Crowned Women's Gymnastics All-Around Champion Gabby Douglas To Be Featured On Special-Edition Boxes of Kellogg's Corn Flakes in the USA »
July 30, 2012
P&G SPONSORS MORE THAN 150 WORLD-CLASS ATHLETES AT THE LONDON 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES
Brand-sponsored athletes include Michael Phelps, Lin Dan, Rudy Fernandez, Roger Federer, Felipe Franca and Nevin Yanit.
Procter & Gamble, a Worldwide Olympic Partner, today introduced the lineup of more than 150 athletes the company and its brands are sponsoring at the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The team of international athletes represents P&G and 34 leadership brands including Pampers®, Tide®/Ariel®, Pantene®, Head & Shoulders®, Duracell® and Gillette®. The team has been selected from 48 countries and includes approximately 70 men and more than 80 women.
These athletes will also serve as ambassadors for P&G brands. They will be featured in advertising and retail programs in more than four million stores around the world. Examples of P&G brand campaigns include:
• Gillette - “A Great Start Every Day” campaign featuring Swiss tennis player Roger Federer, British cyclist Sir Chris Hoy, Chinese Badminton player Lin Dan, Brazilian swimmer Felipe Franca, and American swimmer Ryan Lochte
• Ariel & Tide - “Proud Keeper of Your Country’s Colours” campaign featuring Turkish runner Nevin Yanit and Mexican pentathlete Oscar Soto
• Pampers - “Celebrating Babies’ Unique Spirit of Play” campaign featuring U.S. beach volleyball player Kerri Walsh Jennings and British marathoner Paula Radcliffe
• Pantene - “Keep Shining” campaign featuring Argentine tennis player Gisela Dulko, Mexican diver Paola Espinosa, and American swimmer Natalie Coughlin
• Head & Shoulders - “Wash in Confidence” featuring American swimmer Michael Phelps and French handball player Nikola Karabatic
“We are delighted to introduce P&G’s family of athletes to the world. The world-class Olympians we’re sponsoring embody the dedication, passion and commitment that inspires us as a company,” said Marc Pritchard, P&G’s Global Brand Building Officer.
Posted by Editors at July 30, 2012 11:37 AM | Link to this Post