October 26, 2010
Faster Decision Making: IBM Unveils New Information Management and Analytics Software
Photo: Business users can now gain instant insight with analytics in an easy to use format anytime, anywhere on their mobile devices, says IBM.
• IBM today introduced new business analytics software for today's evolving mobile workforce, expected to reach more than 1.19 billion by 2013. The new offerings combine social networking and collaboration capabilities.
IBM said that it is bringing business analytics capabilities to the masses with a new look and feel that more closely mirrors people's every day use of technology. It would result in faster, more collaborative decision-making, the company stated.
Spurred by the growth of mobile transactions, expected to grow by 40 times by 2015, the increase in the rate and pace of data is accelerating the IT opportunity around business analytics. It is to address these changing market dynamics, IBM explained, that it is announcing the following set of new business analytics and information management offerings:
• Cognos 10: New software that brings together the power of social collaboration and analytics for business users to gain real-time intelligence in a single, user-friendly interface -- online or through mobile devices such as ipad, iphones and blackberries.
• DB2 10: New database software that helps businesses combine data - from past, present and future, delivering 40% performance improvements.
• IBM InfoSphere Server: New software that redefines how an organization handles data behind the scenes with faster and more accurate integration of diverse forms of data, and the ability to see the quality of data before it's used.
According to IBM, the new software takes analytics out of the traditional format of reports and charts to a more interactive design. Business users can now gain instant insight with analytics in an easy to use format anytime, anywhere on their mobile devices.
• These new capabilities will have a profound impact on the way all business users interact with their teams, partners, managers and customers around the globe, IBM said.