November 26, 2005
Cadillac Reveals Highly Anticipated 2007 Escalade at "Escalade on Rodeo"
Hollywood's A-List Welcome New 2007 Cadillac Escalade Amongst the Worlds Most Luxurious Brands
The 2007 Cadillac Escalade made its worldwide premiere in Beverly Hills at the grand opening of "Escalade on Rodeo." The red carpet rolled out for the week-long celebration where Oscar-winner Adrien Brody hosted the opening night preview party, "Chrome Couture." Guests including Allison Janney, Paris Hilton, Stavros Niarchos, Wilmer Valderrama, DJ AM, Regina King, Chris Kattan, Wolfgang Puck, Virginia Madsen, Jadakiss, Frankie Muniz, Eduardo Verastegui, Anthony Anderson, Billy Morrison, Eddie Griffin, John Salley, Rachel Hunter, Rodney Peete, Styles P and Vida Guerra had an exclusive first look at the 2007 Escalade, the next-generation of the iconic luxury SUV.
"Since its inception, Escalade has been an icon - a luxurious vehicle that discerning customers aspire to own," said Jim Taylor, Cadillac general manager. "It makes perfect sense to debut the 2007 Escalade in Beverly Hills where style, luxury and design all come together on Rodeo Drive."
Nestled amongst the world's most well-known designers, the all-new Cadillac Escalade establishes a new level of refinement and style, delivered with an instantly recognizable form that introduces the next step in Cadillac's design renaissance. "Escalade on Rodeo" will be open for a limited engagement in Beverly Hills for private previews and exclusive test drives. Consumers will have chance to get a sneak peek at the vehicle when the doors open to the public for one day only on Saturday, November 12.
Cadillac has had a long association with Hollywood that spans across music, television, films and celebrities since its inception in 1903. Hollywood stars have been driving Cadillac's since the days of Jean Harlow and Elvis Presley and the vehicles have been featured in over 25,000 songs, 154 television shows and over 90 feature films.
Based on General Motors' all-new full-size SUV platform, the '07 Escalade features new powertrain, chassis, safety and interior systems. These integrated systems deliver the most powerful and most efficient luxury SUV in the segment, led by a new 6.2L all-aluminum V-8 engine with variable valve timing technology delivering 403 horsepower (301 kw) and 417 lb-ft of torque.
Cadillac Escalade will be available in the first quarter of 2006, with extended-wheelbase Escalade ESV and Escalade EXT models to be introduced later in the year. The Escalade family is one of the most aspirational nameplates in the industry and attracts the youngest customers in Cadillac's portfolio of automobiles.
2007 CADILLAC ESCALADE: VEHICLE HIGHLIGHTS
* All-new distinctive exterior design
* All-new spacious interior with superior refinement
* Powerful 6.2L all-aluminum small-block V-8 with VVT rated at 403 hp (301 kw)
* Efficient six-speed automatic transmission with Drive Shift Control
* Stronger frame chassis with responsive coil-over-shock front suspension and rack-and-pinion steering for the best ride and handling in the segment
* Standard roof-mounted head curtain side air bags and StabiliTrak stability control system with new rollover mitigation technology
* New radio family, including available navigation radio with touch-screen control
* A myriad of luxury features including factory installed 22" chrome wheels, climate controlled front seats, power fold and tumble 2nd row seats, remote start, power articulating running boards, power liftgate and IntelliBeam headlamps
* Enhanced four-wheel disc brake system
Cadillac is a division of General Motors (NYSE: GM). General Motors, the world's largest vehicle manufacturer, designs, builds and markets cars and trucks worldwide, and has been the global automotive sales leader since 1931. Cadillac products include the CTS sport sedan, SRX luxury utility, STS performance luxury sedan, DTS large luxury sedan, XLR luxury roadster, Escalade full-size SUVs (Escalade, Escalade ESV and Escalade EXT) and the high-performance V-Series (CTS-V, STS-V, XLR-V) three cars that go 0-60 in under 5 seconds.